3 Day Refresh

Monday, September 14, 2015

Simple Chicken Margherita Pizza


I LOVE pizza! Deep dish, thin crust, it doesn't matter, I LOVE pizza. We eat homemade pizza at least once a week in my house. I make the dough and sauce from scratch, but sometimes I really want pizza for lunch and my time is more limited with two little ones running around. So here is my 
Simple Chicken Margherita Pizza








Let's start with the ingredients:

-1/2 cup homemade tomato sauce**
-1/2 - 1 cup sliced Roma tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
-1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
-3/4 cup shredded baked chicken**
-1 Low-In-Carb Ancient Grains wrap
-Balsamic vinegar

**I keep these on hand in my fridge so I can use them whenever. Today, however, I was ot of my tomato sauce and used the same recipe only zapped it in the microwave for about 30 seconds before putting it on the pizza. Not as amazing, but it will work when you are low on time and have your hands full.


Directions:
*Note that this is the quickest way to accomplish this as this is meant to be a quick meal. Nothing fancy here!

1. Place your wrap in a large skillet on medium heat to warm it and get it a little crispy. This pizza is supposed to have a thin crust consistency. When you add the toppings it can get a little mushy, so I like to toast mine in the skillet a little first.
2. While it is heating, warm up your chicken and tomato sauce in the microwave to take the chill of of them.
3. Assemble your pizza in the skillet. I like to add my chicken, then sauce. Follow it up with your tomatoes and cheese.
4. It takes about 5 minutes on the stove to get the cheese melty. (If your wrap is getting more crunchy than you want it, finish it in the microwave.
5. Put it on a plate and drizzle with a little Balsamic. ENJOY!!!





If you are a 21 Day Fixer like myself, this converts to 1-1.5 green, 1 yellow, 1 red and 1 blue.





Change up the toppings with what you like! I have also done this with sun dried tomato chicken sausage and it was AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment