3 Day Refresh

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hammer & Chisel: Day 13

So almost two weeks in! Saturday's are my measurement days. I have lost 6lbs and 2.5 inches between my waist, arms and legs. It felt like the last few days my body has totally ramped up. It may be the fact that my son has only woken up once a night the last two nights which is a full on miracle! Sleep, combined with being pretty well on point with my eating (95% as opposed to 80%) and killing it in my workouts, has yielded some pretty awesome results. I can't wait to see what the next 47 days have in store! 

So, the second time through Chisel Endurance, I didn't hate the Bulgarian split squat jumps quite as much, but I still despised the single-leg bent-over row into a pistol squat. I upped my weights an only got 13 on each leg the first time through but eked out 15 on each leg the second time through it just took me a little longer. "We can do hard things,"  and "My power is made perfect in weakness" have been my meditations over the last couple days and will probably continue to be. I have needed those reminders often when tackling the last week physically, nutritionally, emotionally and, most importantly, spiritually. If anyone tells you that losing weight is JUST eating better and moving more, I would gently and respectfully disagree. Yes, those are in general the basic steps you need to change your health, but any diet works for a short time. Anyone can workout for 2 days. BUT, sticking with it, making meaningful and lasting change? That is a spiritual and mental journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment