3 Day Refresh

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hammer & Chisel: Day 9

Brutal honesty... Life has been completely hectic for the last week with a baby boy that is teething, growing or about to hit some other major developmental milestone (beyond turning one next week, agh!!!!) and is up ALL the time at night. That makes mama tired and him extra cranky. The Mr. works in accounting/finance which means all the year end stuff is happening right now for him. That means 12-13 hours without daddy at home. An extra hour or two of daddy being at work doesn't seem like much, but it can be. Today was one of those days where things just worked and I had a super productive day. Part of that productive day was Max Strength Hammer... 
And shoveling the driveway...
And taking the kids swimming...
And that makes this mama one hungry mama.  
So, my eating fell off the rails at dinner time. I had planned a salad for dinner and leftovers for the Mr. and kids. The problem is I hadn't eaten in a couple hours and was trying to feed the kids. Nothing crazy, just mini pot pies loaded with veggies. Great for the kids, but not the salad I had planned. I ended up nibbling on it with my son because I was HUNGRY and couldn't keep him calm enough for me to take the time to get my salad together. What started as making sure it wasn't hot ended up being a shared meal. Overall, nothing wrong with what I are. With my goal of blashting through my current weight plateau, not the best choices. So, I am thankful that tomorrow is a new day to start fresh. It also reminded me that I have gotten comfortable with my containers. I need to go back to basics and wrote down what I am eating and track my container count on paper. When I wrote it down, I am much more likely to stick to it strictly. I am making a goal to capture all of my meals and snacks in a picture to add to my posts each day to better hold myself accountable.

Oh and that workout! How could I forget?!?! I am currently soaking my muscles, have an appointment for an adjustment and massage at my chiropractors office tomorrow and diligently using my recover after every workout. But am I sore? Absolutely. Every time I lift my son I can feel all the muscles in my arms, back and chest that have been working. Every time I traverse the stairs at my house... I can feel it! But  only one more day until rest day. Yay!!! 

Oh, and by the way, check out these muscles. Even at my most active as a multi-season athlete in high school, I never had this kind of muscle definition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment